Whew - even the name of the recently proposed Food for Animals rule is complicated - imagine trying to dig through the actual rule itself! But as always, SafetyChain partner The Acheson Group will help us walk through the proposed requirements and who will be affected.
Some of the topics we’ll be discussing on the January 31 FSMA Friday, at 9 a.m. PT, include:
- An overview of what is this Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals rule is all about
- What will companies have to do?
- How similar are the requirements to human food?
- Who needs to comply with this rule and oh, by the way, are you sure you know what is defined as animal food?
- How are CGMPs for animal food and feed different from human food?
- What if a facility handles human food, but some waste goes to animal feed?
- Why should companies do this today instead of waiting for deadlines?
And as with all FSMA Fridays, the team will give a general FSMA update, and take your questions live! We hope you’ll be able to join. When you register, you’ll also be able to access past FSMA Fridays topic archives. And remember, on January 31 it’s TGIFF – thank goodness it’s FSMA Friday!