Cloud-based Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) enabling technologies are becoming mainstream. This is a good thing. An inevitable thing. The reasons for this are several:
- Food safety folks don't sit behind desks. They are out in the field doing pre-harvest inspections. They're out auditing suppliers. Or on the plant floor. Or at the distribution center. Or at customer sites. Technology solutions that are only accessible behind the firewall aren't as useful as anywhere, anytime cloud technologies powered by smart mobile apps.
- Today's cloud-based technologies are highly secure - think online banking!
- In the low-profit margin world of food and beverage companies, cloud-based technologies are significantly more affordable than behind-the-firewall solutions - to both purchase, implement and maintain.
- With roles-based security - cloud-based FSQA solutions provide a level of transparency and visibility that are necessary for supply chain controls.
- Cloud-based mobile FSQA apps allow immediate information - with immediate decisions ... CAPAs, for example.
- Cloud-based apps often integrate with ERP and other on-premise solutions to provide more access to those in your supply chain - such as customers, auditors and suppliers.
You're going to be hearing a lot more about this topic from SafetyChain this year. Questions about the cloud now? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.