Real-time data empowers food manufacturers and processors to make smarter, faster decisions. Through food quality management systems, food and beverage companies gain visibility into all of their operations for a comprehensive overview of what’s going on at any given minute. This makes it easier to spot and respond to red flags before they become major issues, uncover and address performance issues, and reduce costs with the help of automation.
As a Quality Management System (QMS) exclusively for the food industry, SafetyChain can improve business outcomes in the following ways:
- Ensure Compliance
SafetyChain makes it easier for you to manage your preventative-based programs and achieve 24/7 audit readiness.
- Control Costs
Real-time verifications and alerts for non-compliance allow you to take immediate action, thereby reducing waste and helping you improve your bottom line.
- Improve Operational Efficiency
SafetyChain provides data for root cause analysis as well as alerting you to any key trends you should note to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Reduce Risks
Through features like real-time program and vendor monitoring plus non-compliant alerts and analytics, you can reduce your risks.
With these benefits in mind, let’s take a look at some of the results that can be achieved when leveraging real-time data by examining some case studies.
The companies below have implemented SafetyChain’s food safety and quality management software solutions to access real-time data and achieve better results.
- Global AG Processor
A global agricultural processor was able to leverage real-time data to:
- Improve customer turnaround times by 30%
- Experience a 70% increase in product acceptance rates
- Reduce customer complaints by 58%
- Fresh Seafood Processor
A fresh seafood processor with multiple facilities was using a significant amount of time to travel back and forth to their location. With SafetyChain they were able to:
- Reduce travel by 75%
- Drive program standardization and visibility across multiple facilities
- Use real-time grading via mobile app to direct shipping fleets to higher valued areas
- Connect documents and records to GFSI standards
- Eliminate weeks of audit prep time
- Major Beverage Producer
By leveraging food safety and quality data in real time with SafetyChain, this company was able to:
- Save millions in lost product annually
- Automate scheduling to ensure all food safety inspections (CCPs) are performed on time
- Automate inspections and data collection
- Eliminate product quarantine, rework, and waste due to missed CCP checks
- Dairy Processor
A dairy processor was able to optimize CIP (Clean-in-Place) process with the following results:
- Reduce water usage by 10%+
- Integrate data via patented PLC data consolidator
- Reduce material loss
- Save over $1 million annually for sustainability program
Clearly, the results of using real-time data can be astounding. Companies who work with SafetyChain have been able to secure outstanding results, such as millions of dollars saved, improved compliance, and better customer satisfaction. And, for any company in the food industry, SafetyChain can deliver similar results by reducing costs and risks, ensuring compliance, and improving operational efficiency.
About SafetyChain Software
SafetyChain is a Quality Management System (QMS) that helps food and beverage companies improve productivity, profitability, and compliance with a flexible, user-friendly software platform that captures, manages, and analyzes real-time operations data. Learn more at https://safetychain.com.