SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC automates plans for all product groups and facilities, provides realtime non-conformance alerts for timely CAPA and facilitates on-demand audit readiness
Food Quality and Safety Magazine recently published an article that Barbara Levin and Dan Bernkopf co-authored on the benefits of automating HACCP and HARPC programs - read the article here. I was really glad to have the opportunity to address this subject. HACCP plans (and soon to be HARPC under FSMA) - are really the foundation of any food safety program. And with food safety events posing the biggest risk to a food and beverage company's brand and market value - it's no wonder that more and more companies are revisiting how these plans are managed.
Given the dramatic changes over recent years in how companies must address HACCP/HARPC - it's truly time to consider that managing these programs the same way "for decades" leaves a lot of room for improvement. And automation provides the ability to put these improvements in place. Here at SafetyChain, our SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC module is helping companies automate management of robust HACCP programs while also providing capabilities to migrate to and manage HARPC plans.
While tools have been available to help define HACCP/HARPC components, SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC goes far beyond with capabilities to actually schedule tasks, monitor workflow, analyze data in realtime for non-conformance detection/alerts, generate and document CAPA and provide a central repository of food safety data for continuous improvement, FDA/USDA inquiries and audit readiness.
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC helps companies:
- Automate USDA HACCP and FDA Preventive Controls workflow and requirements, including unlimited CCPs, PRPs, GMPs, SOPs, Preventive Controls and more – for as many HACCP/HARPC plans and facilities as a company has – automated with task due date/time notifications
- Access all HACCP/HARPC food safety and quality assurance data and records from a single, centralized repository for reporting, benchmarking/trending, continuous improvement and of course readiness for USDA, FDA, 3rd party (such as GFSI), internal and customer audits
- Analyze HACCP and HARPC FSQA data in realtime – against specifications and requirements – with automated alerts when non-compliant results are detected
- Electronically prompt immediate Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) before a safety or quality event gets “out of control”
- Have on-demand access to the information food companies need to respond promptly to USDA, FDA and customer inquiries and audits
SafetyChain for HACCP/HARPC automation features include the ability to:
- Easily access and revise HACCP/Preventive Control plans and flowcharts for annual and/or mandated reassessments, new regulatory requirements and new or revised processes
- Set up all HACCP/Preventive Control tasks, such as CCPs or PRPs, with automated alerts prior to when the task is due – and escalating alerts to ensure completion – saving time and money while ensuring accuracy
- Cascade new and updated requirements throughout your food supply chain so that compliance is immediately enforced
- Automate CCP/Preventive Controls monitoring and verification against established parameters – with unalterable time/date stamps and electronic signatures
- Automate COAs or other documents when FSQAresults are within specifications to speed throughput to the next point in your chain – or receive realtime alerts for “moment of detection” CAPAs
And, we can show you how to calculate ROI to help build a business case for HACCP/HARPC solutions that save time and money while creating efficiencies. To learn more, ping us at email@example.com!